new wave of scams

Anything for the public

Moderator: Admin

new wave of scams

Postby untraceable » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:18 am

Just a heads up there is a new wave of scams going round, people are getting phone calls from people pretending to be from virgin media (and other companies) and saying your computer has either a virus or major errors and they can fix them remotely. the latest scams they are asking people to install teamviewer to give them access (never give access to anyone you don't trust) then they transfer some unknown files over and ask for your credit card details (again never give details to anyone you don't trust). if it really is virgin (or whatever your isp is) they will ask you the normal security questions, they will also be able to tell what package you have and your account number.

you have been warned.
untraceable
Site Admin

Re: new wave of scams

Postby Rampant Smurf » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:50 am

lol looking forward to a call from them, gonna give them a new number to ring........ Bedfordshire police lol
Rampant Smurf

Postby Don_Smurf » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:20 pm

I have already had this phone call, I asked why, so played along with him for a bit, he said I was putting and error message out and ask me to turn on my pc, I pretended to do so, and then I asked him for the message code and he just said i was putting an error out, Oh I said is it still showing, it went quite for a bit, yes he then said , Oh I said What is the error messge please as I would love to know, oh just an error message, well I must admit one thing to you I said, My pc has no error message, oh it has, well my friend I said, you are wrong and if my pc is showing an error it cant be mine, why is that he said, firstly I said my pc is switched off and secondly why should I get some idiot like you to fix it when its switched off and also why should I pay you when I am a pc engineer, with that he hung up on me. [flash=] SO BE WARNED THIS IS GENUINE[/flash]
Don_Smurf
Camel

Postby Don_Smurf » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:12 pm

Hi Guys
well you guess it, Have had another phone call so say from windows support asking if my pc was slow and crashing, so be aware.
Don_Smurf
Camel

Postby Captainanorach » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:13 pm

just to let you know i work at PC World and it's still going strong several people in the last few weeks have come in with the same 'microsoft support' scam.
Captainanorach
atomic particle

Return to Public Smurf forum