Cross The Pond 2K10 : The Aftermath

Anything to do with flight sim x

Moderator: Admin

Cross The Pond 2K10 : The Aftermath

Postby K Smurf » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:31 pm

Goodday Smurfs! Time to Reinvigorate Your Flightsim Muscles!

On saturday the 27th of March the cross the pond broke loose and released more than 500 people across the speck of water between Europe and the US.
Let me tell you it was an event to behold, the traffic flow was unimaginable with at 1 certain moment approx 35 people being processed in Heathrow..for takeoff only!
and a further 20+ from Schiphol, Cologne and Dublin at the same time..each!.

Now what we could've never expected was the adverse effect of 500 people who had NOTHING to do for approx 6 hours.
wanna guess?wrong, Well the Vatsim website itself went down for a couple of hours.although I should admit i was on it during transit as well!.

Also the immense traffic flow on vatsim at the time made it possible for you to see several planes on close proximity above the great atlantic ocean.
However, eventhough the traffic flow was enough would be enough blow any of our heads to smithereens the Controllers did a great job in processing it without getting frustrated as i hadnt encountered a single problem while appraoching in New York *which by the way had about 4 app's on at once* although I had been holding over Long Island and Manhattan for about an hour dreaming about how nice it would be to get to the lobby and have cuppa new york java with a frankfurter!

In holding I had a couple of near-misses with some aircraft which was impossible not to have with 100 planes above manhattan airspace until eventually being cleared for the approach into 13L which delighted me as I set up for a hero's approach into JFK.

Once landed I tuned to New York Gnd, who like a divine being guided me into the gates and to my rest..because after 10 hrs of flying and so was my pc, who mysteriously shutdown all programs that had anything to do with FSX just before setting my parking brake...for this once time , i agreed with my computer's action...as I felt the same...but it was worth it and thats why he waited until i landed...

Stay on Track with KVER! K Smurf's Vatsim Event Reports.

**Next time**=> Beautiful & Precious Islands of Taiwan and Okinawa Event on 3rd April 2010
Until then...

Listen to this report with some Screenshots courtesy of VATSIM:

K Smurf
Lump of Wood

Re: Cross The Pond 2K10 : The Aftermath

Postby Rampant Smurf » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:12 pm

sounds great m8, wish i couldve flown with you, but painting was the priority for me:(

however ill do me best to be there on the 3rd :)

:10 :10
Rampant Smurf

Re: Cross The Pond 2K10 : The Aftermath

Postby ManiaSmurf » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:36 pm

Nice detailed report wishing i was there now :(, but looking foward to the event coming up!

Keep it up KVER :D
ManiaSmurf
True Smurf

Return to FSX