BFBC2 Updater

For all your PC problems

Moderator: Admin

BFBC2 Updater

Postby PREjuDiceD » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:56 pm

The patch came down fine but after it installed I had a CTD every time it came to the map having loaded as you're trying to join.
Annoying,I restarted the game,same issue.I restarted the pc,then the game,same issue,grrr.
so i go on the support option on disk startup.this tells me to delete all my temp files,did this,same issue.
Flushed DNS,same issue. Thought,i'll do a system restore,roll back version of game and re download the patch (it was at this point i unceremoniously dissamapeared from TS),when that had finished,guess what,same issue.At this point i'm seeing red and thinking,I can't do anymore this evening so I switch off the machine.I then decided to uninstall/reinstall and that can't fail to solve it. well you can't uninstall BFBC2 all you can do is decomission the version you got on your hd so you can install it on another,so I do that then insert the disk to reinstate it in the hope it would re-patch.
It did,at this point i'm thinking i've cracked it,wrong.It's now 3 am and the game starts up fine but when i hit my browser it won't find anything so i flush my dns again which does nothing to solve the problem,guys to be honest i'm at a loss as to how this could happen but i'm out of options,dunno what to try next .
Do What You Want,Say What You Feel.....For those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter!
PREjuDiceD
Lump of Wood

Re: BFBC2 Updater

Postby Brick Smurf » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:49 pm

jUICE,

Do you run bfbc2 as administor perhaps it helps.

With a brick you can built a house Or smash the enemys skull in two and smash his little brain
Brick Smurf
Spec of Dust

Postby untraceable » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:37 pm

only thing i can think of is delete the "BFBC2" folder in my documents but this will also remove any custom keys you have, worked for me once before.
untraceable
Site Admin

Postby PREjuDiceD » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:43 pm

Thanks guys a re re-install sorted it out in the end :o
Do What You Want,Say What You Feel.....For those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter!
PREjuDiceD
Lump of Wood

Return to PC Problems